[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Serge van Ginderachter <serge at vanginderachter dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  conflicts wen simultaneous inbound and outbound pptp
 Date:  Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:54:17 +0100 (CET)
Hello List,

I'm running into an issue with following setup:

- monowall with lan, wan and opt1(dmz)
- w2k domain controller with RRAS setup, used as a PPTP endpoint for incoming VPN (we don't use the
pptp server on the monowall because of the 16 users limit)
- we have a couple of extra public ip's which can be used with proxy-arp

It seems now, that outbound PPTP connections simply do not work. Unless they are started from the
the same host that is the PPTP endpoint for incoming connections.

I figured I'd solve this by enabling advanced outbound NAT for LAN connections, so outbound PPTP
connections would use a different public IP, but this doesn't help.

I disabled the PPTP VPN (no PPTP redirection) and tried to manually cofigure a rule + NAT, but this
doesn't work at all (no NAT rule for GRE possible?) whilst outgoing connections do work at that
time.

There must be some issue why I encounter this problem. Every issue I read on this mentions it
shouldn't be a problem when using different connections/ip's, but that is not what I notice here.

Any tips for a solution or workaround?

        Serge

Serge van Ginderachter          http://www.vanginderachter.be/