[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Jurgen van Vliet <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Ticket Printer Project
 Date:  Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:19:29 +0100
Am Dienstag, den 18.12.2007, 09:02 +0100 schrieb Jurgen van Vliet:
> I think its a very usefull option. The only limitation I see is that we use
> wrap/alix a lot and the only serial port on it is used by the console :)

Yes, really useful. Don't care about the RADIUS things mentioned
earlier. RADIUS is nice, but more useful in enterprise locations. Your
solution would be fine for cafes, bars or small hotels. Even for a small
conference it would be a nice solution.

> If an alternative would be a simple tcp/ip connected printer for the tickets
> , only text based so no driver , it would be even nicer !

Yes, but I don't know of any small bon printer, which has a lan
interface. Are there any? Maybe we should consider using a small printer
server for that. Other solution would be to stop using the serial port
for the console (we can make that optional) or adding another serial
port the mainboard. Last problem: finding a set of suitable printer
drivers.

BR, PIT

 copyleft(c) by |           "Even more amazing was the realization that
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     God has Internet access. I wonder if He has