[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jakob Strebel <jakob at teamstrebel dot ch>
 To:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 Cc:  Jurgen van Vliet <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ticket Printer Project
 Date:  Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:36:33 +0100
Hi,
the external printer is a great addition to the current voucher support
from Marcel Wiget.

> Yes, but I don't know of any small bon printer, which has a lan
> interface. Are there any? Maybe we should consider using a small printer
> server for that. Other solution would be to stop using the serial port
> for the console (we can make that optional) or adding another serial
> port the mainboard. Last problem: finding a set of suitable printer
> drivers.

I see two possible solutions:
a) print server and a small coupon printer.
b) coupon Printer with a LAN Interface (Zyxel has one added to their
G-4100 v2 WLAN Hotspot Gateway. I do not think they manufacture this
Printer themselves. I will start doing some "googeling"

Jakob