[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Ticket Printer Project
 Date:  Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:42:01 -0500
As to LDP Printer we can use it to print general reports and stats from nono
on regular printer (that's what some one just asked me to do to :)

And as to POS, yep that's nice idea to have POS request the username, the
only problem is that POS is separate product and there 100000000 of
different POS systems out there, we can do custom coding for each and every
one of them. We can however try to work with Micros (the major POS for
hospitality industry) but that is too much of a negotiation work. I'm
currently talking to them about merging some other product but that's too
hard, they are not like open source community; I have to do all the
financial and legal things just to do the prototype.

So, Ill say having one small printer on the counter is not a big deal, and
then if u want we can add UPC barcode on the printer so the seller ony will
have to scan the ticket to get the prce entered into POS. (Although in my
company we give out internet for free to everyone)