[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Ticket Printer Project
 Date:  Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:06:50 -0500
something that is doable)

Goal: To print on demand ticket w/ temp username and password

Possible Solutions:

1) Print Ticket w/ Separate printer w/ I/O button
2) Tap in to POS system and use its printer
3) Use JetDirect to connect some printer as network printer

working in those print server, + u also need printserver. I would go w/ this
only if some one can show me Small Thermal Tiket printer that alredy has
Ethernet port build in and its cost is unde $400 + there is a prigamable
button.

Other wise its either #1 or #2. I'm not an exper on POS inregration, but I
say if some one can show me how I can tap into POSes then it would be nice
and easy way out :)

Still POS idea makes me a bit cautious so I wanna stick with #1 as required
solution for tiket printing (Stand Alone Solution) and then have POS taping
as option if there is a POS that supports that.

As to the printers I have D-Link DSA-3100P which is OEM from APS-Printers.

other printers are fine w/ me if some one can name them.