[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon" <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b6 released
 Date:  Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:39:19 +0700
Dear monowallist,

I have been trying to set my monowall with my ADSL connection for several
months, but I cannot seem to make it work.

Here is the situation:
1. I have an ADSL ISP with telkom speedy indonesia that uses PPPoE, the ISP
only issue dynamic non-public IP.
2. I use Prolink H9000 ADSL modem and currently using DHCP from my Network
Server and the one in my modem was turned off, separte from the modem and
the monowall server.
3. The ADSL modem has the auto dial feature and uses the VPI and VCI values
to connect to the ISP, I do not see this setting in the monowall.

My problem is, I set the monowall to use DHCP, the monowall seems to be
getting the IP from my network server with the DNS of 192.168.0.5 (ADSL
Modem IP) and the gateway also the same IP.

Still I cannot make the client connect to the Internet if I connect the
modem to the monowall and monowall to the network switch.

Should I use static IP instead? And what values I need to set for the static
IP to work?

Thanks
Rendra