[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sasa_Stjepan_Baksa?= <sasa dash stjepan dot baksa at os dot t dash com dot hr>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b6 released
 Date:  Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:16:22 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gold Dragon" <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 3:39 PM

> 1. I have an ADSL ISP with telkom speedy indonesia that uses PPPoE, the
> ISP
> only issue dynamic non-public IP.

Ok! Not nice but that's their policy.

> 2. I use Prolink H9000 ADSL modem and currently using DHCP from my Network
> Server and the one in my modem was turned off, separte from the modem and
> the monowall server.
> 3. The ADSL modem has the auto dial feature and uses the VPI and VCI
> values
> to connect to the ISP, I do not see this setting in the monowall.

You don't nead to change or do something with that values. Is your modem in
bridge or is it in router mode? It should be in bridge mode (it can operate
as router
but I don't think that you nead two routers).

> My problem is, I set the monowall to use DHCP, the monowall seems to be
> getting the IP from my network server with the DNS of 192.168.0.5 (ADSL
> Modem IP) and the gateway also the same IP.
>
> Still I cannot make the client connect to the Internet if I connect the
> modem to the monowall and monowall to the network switch.

Check your modem mode first.

ADSL link --- Modem in bridge mode --- M0n0Wall router --- Switch ---
ServerX

                                 --- ServerY

                                 --- Client1

                                 --- Client2

This is how it looks normally in my setups.

It could be done like this but I hate that solutions:

ADSL link --- Modem in router mode --- M0n0Wall router --- Switch ---
ServerX

                                 --- ServerY

                                 --- Client1

                                 --- Client2

Gave me feedback please. Did you solve the problem.

Sasa