[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tixe" <tixe at tixe dot com dot ar>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b6 released
 Date:  Thu, 27 Dec 2007 05:49:35 -0300
Gold Dragon wrote:
> 1. I have an ADSL ISP with telkom speedy indonesia that uses PPPoE, the
ISP
> only issue dynamic non-public IP.
Don't forget to allow RFC1918 in the advanced settings.

> 2. I use Prolink H9000 ADSL modem and currently using DHCP from my Network
> Server and the one in my modem was turned off, separte from the modem and
> the monowall server.
> 3. The ADSL modem has the auto dial feature and uses the VPI and VCI
values
> to connect to the ISP, I do not see this setting in the monowall.
If you have to set VPI and VCI you are using PPPoA and not PPPoE...

VPI and VCI are values that use de modem gateway to connecto to the ascents
on the slam ... monowall not are a dsl modem software solution ... you nee
keep your actual dsl moden to connect to your network isp provider and the
monobox connected to the dsl modem, you only need you actual dsl modem to
connecto to tou isp.

regards

Daniele Guazzoni
Senior Network Engineer, CCNP, CCNA

Linux and AMD-x86_64 or do you still with Windows and Intel ?

dangerous content by MailGate, and is
believed to be clean.