[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frank Altpeter" <frank dot altpeter at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  autosensing with soekris
 Date:  Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:09:53 +0100
Hi list,

I've got a question regarding the auto sensing of port type. One of
our customers is connected via a LAN. Our endpoint is a HP switch,
statically configured to do 10mbit/s full-duplex, and the customer's
endpoint is a monowall on soekris hardware.
While we were not able how to statically configure the port type, the
monowall seems to synchronize to 10mbit/s half-duplex while the switch
tells to do 10mbit/s full-duplex.
This is producing packet loss.

Is there any knowledge about this?

--

        Frank Altpeter

Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix.
I don't think that this is a coincidence.
        -- Anonymous