[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  John Rogers <sithlordjr at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] AT&T Bellsouth PPPoE Problem
 Date:  Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:33:43 +0100
Hi John,

On 09.01.2008, at 21:52, John Rogers wrote:

> I tried the pre-release WRAP image mentioned on this site and now the
> m0n0wall will not come up.  It appears the image is broken?  When

I'm sorry about that, but the image seems to be fine - I just tried it
on a WRAP of mine (installed 1.233 over 1.232). Also, it appears that
it has worked on a WRAP for at least one other person:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list-dev/showmsg.php?id=24/25
.

> installing, I got a message stating that the signature was invalid
> even
> after a 2nd download.  Is there a fix for this around the corner?
> I'm about

It's normal for the digital signature warning to come up, as 1.233-pre
is not an official release and therefore not signed. It's still highly
unlikely that the image was corrupted somewhere along the way, as
m0n0wall would have detected that (CRC check) when trying to
decompress it before installing.

Given the information that we've got at this point, there's no telling
what went wrong in your case, but when you've retrieved the WRAP from
the site, please have a look at the console output when it boots and
let us know. If it boots up normally and indicates that it's at 1.233-
pre, then that would mean that the image was installed successfully,
but somehow the PPPoE fix that was applied to solve the issue for AT&T/
Bellsouth has actually broken things in your case.

> What is the status of the PPPoE fix?

It is supposed to be already there, in that 1.233-pre image. We just
need confirmation from more than one AT&T/Bellsouth user who has
actually experienced the secondary DNS reject problem before that it
really solves the problem (and also find out what broke it in your
case) - and then it will be re-released as 1.233.

- Manuel