[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN download <> LAN upload
 Date:  Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:06:02 +0100
I have a generic pc, with 2 LAN & 1 WAN connection.
LAN is my network
LAN2 is my neighbour network

When going to status: Interfaces, I have on a 2 day base the following
transfers :

WAN :    219,98MB/58.38MB
LAN :    46,32MB/63,17MB
LAN2 :   10,33MB/47,14MB

When checking the upload on LAN + LAN2, it is somehwat in the
neighbourhood of my WAN download
But when checking against my WAN upload, it seems that this does not add
up to my both LAN's.

I have a DynDNS client installed on monowall
I have one IPSec VPN tunnel

And I did check my monowall from another location, but not to that
extent that I should miss 119MB in total, compared to WAN to LAN

I am using the latest Beta, is anyone else seeing this, or does anyone
have a good explanation for this behaviour.
My firewall log shows a lot of ICMP's being blocked to 224.0.0.0 (which
I believe is a broadcast of my ISP) - should I ignore this, or should I
allow this broadcast into my firewall...