[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  John Rogers <sithlordjr at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] AT&T Bellsouth PPPoE Problem
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:01:34 +0100
Hi John,

On 10.01.2008, at 15:48, John Rogers wrote:

> I just received the ALIX based  WRAP unit today.  It seems the
> system is
> booting with the pre-release, but I cannot pull an IP from the box.
> I'll
> copy the bootup output from the terminal:

That explains everything. ALIX is a totally different board than the
WRAP (even though it's from the same manufacturer and intended as a
replacement for the WRAP), and the 1.2x m0n0wall images will not work
properly on ALIX boards (as you've just discovered). You can only run
m0n0wall 1.3b on ALIX boards at this time.

At this point, pretty much all you can do is take out the CF card and
reflash it with m0n0wall 1.3b7. So far, a preliminary image with the
AT&T/Bellsouth fix has only been released in the 1.2x branch (-> 1.233-
pre). However, now that MPD 4.4 is available, it will only be a matter
of days until m0n0wall 1.3b8 (which will then also include the fix and
work on ALIX boards) is released.

> anything else.  Is there a way i can access the config XML file via a
> shell?  I need to pull the PPPoE login info off the system as I
> don't have
> it saved anywhere.  Preferrably, I'd like to get the entire XML file
> if
> possible.  Any way to get to a shell?  I'd like to really make a
> backup of
> the config so I don't lose hours of configuration work.

If you have a WRAP board lying around, you could plug the CF in it and
then download the config via the webGUI. Otherwise, it'll get more
complicated and probably require the use of a FreeBSD machine.

Regards,

Manuel