[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Rae" <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  "John Rogers" <sithlordjr at gmail dot com>, "m0n0wall -" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] AT&T Bellsouth PPPoE Problem
 Date:  Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:04:20 -0000
I might be mistaken, but i don't think the vr driver is in the 1.2 releases - i think Alix boards
require 1.3b or newer images.

Regards,

Paul Rae
Business Development Director

Impact Training Solutions
Geddes House
Kirkton North
Livingston
West Lothian, EH54 6GU

Mobile : 07769 654302
From: John Rogers <sithlordjr at gmail dot com>
Date: Jan 10, 2008 9:48 AM
To: Manuel Kasper <ALIX.2 v0.98>
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

Manuel,

I just received the ALIX based  WRAP unit today.  It seems the system is
booting with the pre-release, but I cannot pull an IP from the box.  I'll
copy the bootup output from the terminal:

640 KB Base Memory
261120 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 848A SanDisk SDCFB-32
Phys C/H/S 490/4/32 Log C/H/S 490/4/32
Console: internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive C: is disk0
BIOS 640kB/261120kB available

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.8

(root at fb411 dot neon1 dot net, Sun May  8 12:15:29 CEST
2005)
/kernel text=0x1743c0 data=0x1d350+0x19e54
syms=[0x4+0x27720+0x4+0x2ea41]

Copyright (c) 1992-2005 The FreeBSD
Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993,
1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights
reserved.

FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p26 #0: Sun Dec 16 12:06:20 CET
2007
    root at fb411 dot neon1 dot CPU: Geode(TM) Integrated Processor by AMD PCS (
498.05-MHz

)  Ori
Features=0x88a93d<FPU,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,CX8,SEP,PGE,CMOV,CLFLUSH,MMX>

  AMD Featpnpbios: Bad PnP BIOS data
checksum
Preloaded elf kernel "kernel" at 0xc0e04000aded mfs_root "/mfsroot" at
0xc0e040a

8.
K6-family MTRR support enabled (2 regis Malloc
disk
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: no 387 emulator in ke<unknown card> (vendor=0x1106, dev=0x3053) at
11.0ir

q 12
pci0: <unknown card> : <PCI to ISA bridge (vendor=1022 device=2090)> port
0x9c00

-0x9c3f,0x9d00-0x9d7ftapci0: <Generic PCI ATA
controlle
device 15.2 on pci0
orm0: <Option ROM> at iomem 0xe0000-0xeafff on
isa0
pmtimer0 on isa0
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x30 on
isa0
sio0: type 16550A, console
RTC BIOS diagnostic error 80<clock_batteryad0: 30MB <SanDisk SDCFB-32>
[490/4/32

] at ata0-master PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
kern.coredump: 1 -> 0
Found configuration on ad0.
Initializing timezone... done
Configuring firewall... done
Configuring LAN interface... done
Configuring WAN interface... done
Configuring OPT1 (LAB) interface...
done
Configuring OPT2 (WIFI) interface...
done
Starting syslog service... done
Starting webGUI... done
Starting DNS forwarder... done
Starting DHCP service... done
Starting NTP client... done

*** This is m0n0wall, version 1.233-pre

    built on Sun Jan  6 10:44:37 CET 2008 for
wrap
    Copyright (C) 2002-2007 by Manuel Kasper. All rights reserved.
    Visit http://m0n0.ch/wall for updates.

    LAN IP address: 10.0.12.1

    Port configuration:

    LAN   -> vr0
    WAN   -> vr1
    OPT1  -> vr2 (LAB)
    OPT2  -> ath0 (WIFI)

m0n0wall console setup
**********************
1) Interfaces: assign network ports
2) Set up LAN IP address
3) Reset webGUI password
4) Reset to factory defaults
5) Reboot system
6) Ping host

Enter a number:
What's even more weird is that I cannot assign an interface, ping or
anything else.  Is there a way i can access the config XML file via a
shell?  I need to pull the PPPoE login info off the system as I don't have
it saved anywhere.  Preferrably, I'd like to get the entire XML file if
possible.  Any way to get to a shell?  I'd like to really make a backup of
the config so I don't lose hours of configuration work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John