[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b8 released
 Date:  Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:55:49 +0100
Beta 1.3b8 - Installed, rebooted and running on a Pentium III-600E(B)
MHz cpu / 384MB RAM (with an 512MB CF/IDE card - I know that I only need
8MB, but I don't have anything smaller)

Another question though, I have a setup with two LAN cards and one WAN card.
My second LAN card is to allow my neighbours on the internet (via an AP
connected to the LAN2 (OPT1))

Is there a way (without having to go through Traffic Shaper) to limit
their bandwidth in a fashionable way ??
Currently I am using CARP for LAN2, made them authenticate one time (so
I could assign the MAC addresses so they don't have to authenticate no
more)... and in CARP I could limit their bandwidth to 512K down and 128K up.

It is a solution, but I guess other people here might find it useful to
have it in somekind of setup option on the LAN cards themselves, some
kind of bandwidth limitation... because when using pipes I myself cannot
go higher than the pipe I created (and I read that one should create
pipes to only the maximum that is available to you)