[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: LAN2 Bandwidth Limiting Related
 Date:  Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:04:13 -0600
Hi,
If they are on a separate LAN segment, but you both share the same
gateway out to the Internet, Traffic Shaping is the easiest way to go.
It's not that you have to create any fancy rules, just create two pipes,
one for upload, one for download and use a traffic shaping rule that
anything coming from LAN2 will be assigned to those pipes. Since the
entire LAN2 will be assigned the pipes, they will share whatever max you
set.

That's really what the Traffic Shaping section is about, so there isn't
really any other way that would be easiest in my opinion. I know it
would take about 2 minutes top to setup those rules and you can modify
them at anytime and it will instantly if you feel they need more/less
bandwidth.

Thanks,
Michael