[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: LAN2 Bandwidth Limiting Related
 Date:  Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:02:53 +0100
I've got it working, thanks !!

Now, I also have a SIP solution which has a fixed IP in my LAN1.
I see that traffic shaper is a solution to limit my bandwidth... but can
it also be used to guarantee a certain bandwidth ?

I tried several things, but it doesn't seem to fit into my ruleset, or I
did a mistake.

I now can use the captive portal for people I don't trust (or don't want
to trust), and that's a good thing :)

Too bad that my WLAN USB dongle is fitted onto a 1.1 USB port, it wont
go faster than 750kbit... which is enough for occasional use ofcourse :)