[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oliver Ladner <oli at lugh dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] UPnP is bad, mmkay?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:22:18 +0100
On Di, 15 Jan 2008, Lee Sharp wrote:

> How many times did people want UPnP added to m0n0wall?  How many times
> did we say it was bad?  Surprise!  It is bad.  Feel free to gloat,
> because I am. :)

Yes, it seems to be pretty evil. Further reading: "UPnP security in
Internet gateway devices" [1].

Nonetheless I'd like to ask a question related to uPnP: Is it possible
to access a uPnP streaming server on the DMZ interface from a hardware
media player located behind the LAN interface?
Of course I'd prefer a standard CIFS/NFS share mountable in the media
player, but it seems as uPnP is quite common in audio/video streaming.

Regards,

Oli

[1] http://www.tml.tkk.fi/Publications/C/21/Selen_ready.pdf