[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Rae" <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Speed of the ALIX
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:09:48 -0000
I would imagine a ALIX board would be more than enough for this.

iirc a soekris 4801 will do about 28-30Mb (slightly less with device polling enabled - think in the
region of 25Mb)

New ALIX board should comfortably handle more than those speeds.

Although this somewhat depends on what you are doing with it. If you have IPSEC, VPN, etc... running
then it will lower those figures.

Regards,

Paul Rae
Business Development Director

Impact Training Solutions
Geddes House
Kirkton North
Livingston
West Lothian, EH54 6GU

Mobile : 07769 654302
Email  : paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk