[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Michael Lenaghan <michaell at dazzit dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch >> m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP to M0n0wall via Mac and LinkSys router
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:31:58 -0500
Michael Lenaghan wrote:
> I'm running M0n0wall 1.231 at the office. At home I have a LinkSys
> WRV200 and a few computers, but I mostly use a Mac running Leopard.
>
> Quite often when I try to connect to the office using PPTP the
> connection fails. I try again a few times and eventually it succeeds.
>
> Is that a common problem? Is it a problem associated with either Macs
> or the LinkSys?
>
> Thanks for any insight...

The problem is probably related to the "only one PPTP connection out
through a NAT firewall" issue.

Once one machine makes a PPTP connection over the Linksys NAT firewall,
you will not be able to connect with the other machines to the same PPTP
server at your office.

I pretty sure that I saw a FAQ about this on the m0n0wall site, but I
can not seem to find the link now.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC