[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] re: initial setup
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:32:27 -0500
Michael Kennard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I feel like novice, I thought I knew what I was doing.
>
> I have a static IP from my ISP /30 address. I managed to get my airport
> up and running with a fixed address for the mean time but want to use
> the firewall instead.
>
> Here's what I have done, what have I missed?
>
> General Setup
> Added ISP DNS servers
>
> WAN
> Type to Static
> IP to the 2nd IP address, one up from my modem static address
> Gateway 255.255.255.252

I'm guessing that you made a late-night typo, but 255.255.255.252 is not
a valid gateway address. It is valid netmask though for a /30.

Your ISP will tell you your gateway. In your case it is probably one
less than your first valid IP - just a wild guess though.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC