[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Lenaghan" <michaell at dazzit dot com>
 To:  waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch >> m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP to M0n0wall via Mac and LinkSys router
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:58:33 -0500
Yes, that part I know about. At home I only ever connect to the office
from one machine at a time. Even so, it's very flakey. In fact, right
now it's unusable.

Based on feedback I'm looking at replacing the Linksys as a first
step. Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem like any of the low end
home routers win much praise. (The WRV200 I'm using now is actually
supposed to be business class--and much of the time its internal web
server stops responding!) I can't run a PC at home full time like I
can at the office, so at the moment I'm looking into two options:
putting something like DD-WRT onto an old Linksys or getting one of
the small hardware kits that can run m0n0wall.