[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b8 released
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:14:41 -0600
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> On 15.01.2008, at 18:59, Manuel Kasper wrote:
>
>> Hmm, the mfsroot of 1.3b8 has about 1.1 MB of available space...
>

> On second thought - after taking the circular log files into account,
> it is really a bit tight, especially with large configs. Anyway - the
> increased mfsroot size will solve that in 1.3b9.
>
> - Manuel

Cool, the more testing and tweaking I did seem to back the desire to
make the mfsroot bigger .  I did some testing.  My config.xml is like
333KB, so a bit large.  If I remove it and put the default config.xml
back the image boots fine.  Does the config.xml get used to create other
conig files or is it called on as its own module?

Also, licensing tags on all the php files could return something like
120KB or so to the build.  I will play and see if I can do a footer and
call it from each php page to see what that saves.  (Sorry I was poking
around looking for space.)  I might play with the idea a bit more and
see if there is any bloat... but damn, this is probably the tighetest
distro ever.