[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b8 released
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:45:26 +0100
On 15.01.2008, at 19:14, Falcor wrote:

> Does the config.xml get used to create other conig files or is it
> called on as its own module?

A cache is built from the parsed config.xml (in PHP serialized format)
for efficiency, and that usually grows proportionally with config.xml.

> Also, licensing tags on all the php files could return something
> like 120KB or so to the build.  I will play and see if I can do a
> footer and call it from each php page to see what that saves.
> (Sorry I was poking around looking for space.)

No need for that - the issue is not that we need to save space at all
costs, but rather to have a sensible MFS root size (not too small as
to cause problems like in 1.3b8, and not too big as to waste RAM).

- Manuel