[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Boothman <andrew at mux dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Denying Incoming Packets
 Date:  Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:37:41 +0000
Everyone,

Apologies for repeating this message from the web forum - but my message
received no replies and I would much appreciate any response that anyone
could give (including telling me if I'm not making sense!)...

When I was using FreeBSD itself for NAT on my network I used to use the
deny_incoming flag for natd
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=natd) to ensure that I
wouldn't get any incoming traffic that didn't match up with outgoing
traffic.

Is there an equivalent setting for m0n0wall, or is it not required?

I haven't made many configuration changes (other than IP range settings)
so is it OK to hook up my WAN port to my cable modem connection with the
default configuration?

The only Firewall or NAT rule set up is the default "Default LAN -> any"
one.

With thanks.

Andrew