[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How Often Do You Backup Your m0n0wall Config?
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:06:25 +0100
I make my backup every time before a firmware upgrade...
I keep copies with every firmwareversion...

Unless I make a major change to my config ofcourse, then another backup
is being made...

(ps. I make backups, because I don't doubt monowall, but rather my hardware)

Aaron Cherman schreef:
> Hey everyone, I hope this isn't considered spam to everyone.  I see posts every so often of users
who have a m0n0wall installation that is not responding for various reasons and have a need to get
there config.xml due to the lack of a backup.  I am curious how often everyone else backs up their
configs.  I backup mine every time I make a major change (ie. add/remove/change a filter rule,
add/remove/change a NAT mapping, etc.).  My backups could be a couple times a day and sometime not
for over a month.