[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How Often Do You Backup Your m0n0wall Config?
 Date:  Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:53:37 -0600
Aaron Cherman wrote:
> Hey everyone, I hope this isn't considered spam to everyone.  I see posts every so often of users
who have a m0n0wall installation that is not responding for various reasons and have a need to get
there config.xml due to the lack of a backup.  I am curious how often everyone else backs up their
configs.  I backup mine every time I make a major change (ie. add/remove/change a filter rule,
add/remove/change a NAT mapping, etc.).  My backups could be a couple times a day and sometime not
for over a month.

Hate to say it, but never.  And we have about 30 out there...  Sigh...
So far, only one major failure, and the lightning took out the APs as
well, so everything had to be replaced.