[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Duane Winner <dwinner at utrs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NFS problem; please help...
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:33:24 -0500
Hello,

I just moved my NFS server and clients to my new network w/ a m0n0wall,
and now I cannot get functioning NFS connections working.

On the clients, I can initially do an NFS mount, and even `ls` down a
few directories in the mount, but then I always get this as soon as try
to look in a directory with files:

nfs server 10.10.40.1:/data: not responding

(and worse, I then have to reboot).

NFS mounting between network segments always worked before when I was
using a PIX, and this is the first major issue I've run into with m0n0wall.

At first I thought it might be because I forgot to create a rule (added
all the tcp and udp port allows inititially), but then, just until I get
this worked out, I decided to allow all TCP,UDP and ICMP from the NFS
client to the NFS sever. I see nothing in the logs that any packets are
being dropped or rejected.

LAN: 10.10.0.0/16
DMZ: 10.20.0.0/16

NFS Server: 10.10.40.1
NFS Client: 10.20.30.4

I apologize in advance if this is not a m0n0wall issue, but I'm stumped,
as I said nothing, really changed on the NFS client and server, I just
moved them off the pix net and onto the m0n0 net. And also, if I take
another host in the LAN and connect to the NFS server, and set it up in
/etc/exports on the server, no problem. It's only a problem for clients
seperated by the m0n0wall.

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 all around.

Thanks so much in advance for any insight, and if I'm told that this
cannot be a m0n0wall issue, then I'll take this over to another forum.

Thanks,
DW