[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rui Correia <john3voltas at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Time based PPPoE reset
 Date:  Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:42:08 +0000 (UTC)
Chris Buechler <cbuechler <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 17, 2008 7:27 AM, Rui Correia <john3voltas <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The typical recommendation for this is a timer to power off and on the
> system at the time you desire. There are a lot of various options,
> most intended for controlling lights. Any of them will work fine for a
> 4521, they draw very little power.
>
> -Chris

Hi CMD ;),
Seems like you're on to Soekris boxes too.
I see what you mean, and let me tell you that pfS has just what I needed.
But in the case of this 4521 with only 64MB it is really either m0n0 or nothing.
And m0n0 is great too especially on these older platforms.
I had already thought about using a real hardware timer.
Although it do exactly what I want, in the end as a side effect it will do what
I need which is a reconnect of the PPPoE.
Just out of curiosity, is cron part of m0n0?
Because if it is I don't really see why something like this couldn't be setup on
a script or something like that.
Could you just clarify that, please?
Thanks Chris.
Cheers