[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Harbert, Orange Broom" <harbert at orangebroom dot com dot br>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b9 released
 Date:  Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:18:14 +0100
On 17.01.2008, at 15:19, Harbert, Orange Broom wrote:

> I upgraded to version 1.3b9 via firmware upgrade version, but after
> upgrading it could not find my xml configuration file anymore.
> I needed to reset to factory defaults, assign LAN/WAN and IP and
> after that
> reload a backed up version of the configuration. All looks fine now.
> Was this an error related to the version 1.3b9 or something
> spontanious?

For the record - this was most likely caused by the too-small MFS in
1.3b8. A firmware upgrade in m0n0wall means that the configuration
stuff from the CF is temporarily copied to the MFS, then the CF is
overwritten with the new image, and then the configuration is copied
back to the CF. Since the MFS was too small in 1.3b8, your config file
got corrupted/truncated.

Conclusion: those who never installed 1.3b8 won't be affected. Those
who run 1.3b8 are advised to backup their config before upgrading.

- Manuel