[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FW: Modem / Router
 Date:  Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:56:31 -0600
> I try to setup a Monowall box, but my modem it's a zyxel P-662HW and he acts
> like a router.
>
> I need to setup a ADSL line with PPPoE in bridge mode and a static ip.
>

> What modem do you realy use to setup a Monowall box?

It depends on what your system supports.  If the support PPPoE, then a
cheap SpeedStream will work.  However, it sounds like them may have a
special authentication to prevent people from using there own equipment.
  You can set the modem into pseudo bridge mode if it supports it, and
let it authenticate while m0n0wall has a real IP.  Or you can just set
up m0n0wall in a DMZ so all ports go to it.

			Lee