[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] automatic change of ip when possible hacker...
 Date:  Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:15:22 -0600
Perhaps technically after some modification you could, but it still
won't solve your problem of would be crackers polling which ports are
open. The m0n0wall does it's job, it let's in the ports you want and
blocks everything else. Those ports you let in and which
computers/applications it goes to should be more of a concern than
m0n0wall. If you have a locked down firewall that only allows port 80 in
to your web server, then your web server is where things should be
secured more than worrying about what they can do to m0n0wall. Crackers
don't go into the wild polling around looking to see if it breaks in,
they do all their stuff at home to find out the exploits and holes, then
go searching out in the wild for those machines which to exploit. Short
of them guessing your m0n0wall password or some unknown exploit in
m0n0wall, you are certainly safe from them at least messing up your
m0n0wall box.