[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Janvrin <chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trouble with remote NetBIOS name resolution over PPTP VPN.
 Date:  Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:35:55 -0500
First off, thanks for looking!

I am at a remote office of my company trying to integrate their
accounting procedures with the home office. More specifically, I am
trying to install accounting software on two remote PCs that communicate
with our main accounting server in the home office. While using the PPTP
VPN I can map remote shares to the remote server using the remote
server's IP address, but unfortunately our accounting software
(Peachtree Quantum) requires what they call "absolute paths" e.g.
NetBIOS names for drive mappings, and not IP addresses.

The home office is equipped with a net5501-70 running m0n0 1.232, and
the remote office is equipped with a net4801-60 running 1.3b7.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Chris Janvrin
Dover, NH