[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with remote NetBIOS name resolution over PPTP VPN.
 Date:  Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:56:41 -0600
I've encountered this same issue and their is an easy fix for it, but I
need t know if by PPTP you mean one computer is "dialing" in to the
remote site or if they are linked by IPSEC and by absolute paths you
mean machine name like //server or //accounting?  I had a company in
which it had a central office that was linked to 4 other sites by IPSEC
and their AV & Mortgage software would only work with UNC paths like
//server in the software (couldn't use map drives due to too different
machines or IP address)

I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase without knowing which is
which first.

Thanks,
Michael