[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Janvrin <chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com>
 To:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with remote NetBIOS name resolution over PPTP VPN.
 Date:  Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:37:31 -0500
Hi Bryan,

I was contacted off list by someone advising me to do just that. I did
it, and within 30 seconds my problem vanished. Using my own laptop as a
guinea pig, I was able to map the remote drive using it's netBIOS name,
rather than it's IP address. There are only two PCs in the remote office
that need to connect to the accounting server in the home office, so the
config change is pretty straightforward.

Thank you very much for all of your help. This has been a very long,
arduous road.

Chris

Bryan K. Brayton wrote:
> If it's just a couple of PCs, the easiest solution is probably to add
> the name/IP mapping in the LMHOSTS file on each of the client PCs.
>
> -Bryan

Chris Janvrin
Network Administrator
SellMyTimeshareNOW, LLC
(603)516-0200 ext 2257
(603)516-0257 direct line
chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com
netadmin at sellmytimesharenow dot com
help at sellmytimesharenow dot com