[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carlos Baiget Orts <carlos dot baiget at uv dot es>
 To:  "Jurgen van Vliet" <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: captive portal and vpn clients
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:02:10 +0100
Hi Jurgen

Thanks for your hint,  but I'm not sure of having understood or explained my
self well.
I am not having problems on displaying the welcome web page to the clients
connected to my wifi lan, as I am using the captive portal feature to tell
clients that they are only allowed to make an vpn to the internet when they
try to access the internet from their browser. For that goal everything but
relevant udp/tcp ports are blocked.
Now I have the problem of clients not being able to perform the vpn
connection, as the captive portal server seems to intercept all traffic. I
was guessing if i could show the wellcome web page and still allow clients to
make vpn connections to the internet.
As far as I know, with the 'Allow IP adresses' list all I can do is to disable
showing the captive portal to selected clients, but I want it to be shown to
all clients connected, if possible.

Thanks
Carlos