[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Forest Bond <forest dot bond at logicsupply dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP; file system full
 Date:  Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:42:52 -0500
Hi,

A customer is seeing "file system full" messages in his logs:

Jan 15 12:21:56 monogw-rmueznet /kernel: pid 104 (dhcpd), uid 0 on /: file system full
Jan 15 12:25:15 monogw-rmueznet /kernel: pid 104 (dhcpd), uid 0 on /: file system full
Jan 15 12:26:36 monogw-rmueznet /kernel: pid 104 (dhcpd), uid 0 on /: file system full

At this point the m0n0wall box is unable to provide more DHCP leases.

If I understand things correctly, the file system in this case is in memory.
Would adding more memory to the machine solve this problem?  It currently has
256MB.

He says:

"What I would LIKE to do is accommodate 1000 active simultaneous connections with
a default lease time of 20 minutes."

Are these expectations reasonable?

Thanks,
Forest