[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Boot problem (Not ufs, No /boot/loader) with IDE Flash module
 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:31:53 +0200
> I am trying to use m0n0wall 1.3b with the following product:
> http://www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=26&LangNo=0 The
> IDE Flash module (mine is 256MB in size) plugs right into the IDE-slot on

> The same hardware setup boots m0n0wall 1.3b9 from a IDE-Compact
> flash-adater (with a 512MB Compact flash card) without any problems.
> I wish to use the IDE Flash module for space saving reasons tho.

The only thing I can think of offhand is a motherboard/bios IDE
setting that is giving you trouble or the fact that these come in two
variants, one with and one without an -S in the designation. It's been
so long since I bought mine that I no longer recall what that
designation stands for, but maybe it is of relevance.

For me it was just flip the switch on the card to take it off master
mode, plug it in and go in my ancient Compaq small form factor box (it
has actually been moved to a second identical SFF box and works
flawlessly there too.)

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."
  - Isaac Asimov