[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PORT Fowarding Doenst Work?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:38:18 -0500
Hey all, I feeling dummy here but I cant setup port forwarding that work :-(

Here is what I have:

1)       Mono Box connected directly to the net

2)       Managed switch behind the mono

I want to access managed switch from remote location. I have seted up the
firewall rule to allow my remote comp to connect to the mono box (Pass FROM
REMOTE_IP  to LAN on * PORT to * IP) So I type my wan IP on remte site and I
can get to the mono box no problem

Now I go to NAT port forwarding and seting up forwarding to my managd
switch. Lets say my switch IP is and port 80. So the rule that
I have seted up is:

Interface: WAN

Ext PORT: 8080

NAT Port: 80

Well unfortunately that doesn't work and nothing gets forwarded :-( any
ideas what did I do wrong?