[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] 802.11 draft N miniPCI cards for ALIX
 Date:  Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:21:13 -0500
My post got too much defragmenter. :(
The AR5005VL is not 100% N but it output is the same as MIMO

As to the calculations of the signal deviance, it has to be done in the chip
of the equipment, otherwise the PC cpu will be killes by overload of
constant recalculations at each beacon, we don't want to do this, current
cards do the same majority of calculations are done inside the card, and the
output goes to driver, so we can see things like SNR, becone interval.