[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "William F. Dudley Jr." <wfdudley at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  802.11 A/B/G mini PCI cards for ALIX
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:48:21 -0500
All this discussion of "draft N" cards got me interested in maybe having my
Alix 2C3 supply a wireless access point.  But I'm not brave enough to wade
into the disaster that is cards and drivers by myself.  So here are some
questions:

1. If I was to get an 801.11g mini Pci card, could I plug it into my
ALIX 2C3 and
actually run an access point, with DHCP and (maybe) WEP?  Or is this black-belt
stuff involving cross-compliling drivers and such?

2. Assuming the answer to 1) above is "yup, sure, it's all built into
1.3xxx", the can
anybody recommend an 802.11g mini PCi card that's *known to work* with
m0n0wall/FreeBSD/Alix 2C3 ?

Thanks,
Bill Dudley
happy m0n0wall 1.3xx user.