[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PORT Fowarding Doenst Work?
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:33:17 -0500
On Jan 25, 2008 12:26 PM, Alex M <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net> wrote:

> So, I'm back to my original question why the port forwarding doesn't work?
> I just seted up default getaway on the switch to point to monobox
> 192.168.1.1 but no luck, when I go to the WAN:PORT address I still getting
> nowhere. Is there any way to trace how the pakets are being routed?

Enable logging on the WAN firewall rule permitting the traffic and
check your firewall logs. If it's getting logged as passed, then there
is something wrong with the switch. Maybe the default gateway isn't
entered properly. Some cheap devices refuse to use their default
gateway. Maybe there is a firmware update available for the switch
that fixes the issue.

-Chris