[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 802.11 A/B/G mini PCI cards for ALIX
 Date:  Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:08:48 +0100
Hi,

I used the 200mW mini pci cards from pcengines
They work fine on Alix 2C3 and m0n0 1.3. Setting up as AP is easy.
I did set it up as AP for testing, it was working, but it didn't give me the
result I expected (200mW card)
Actually a WRT54GL with alternative firmware (also setup as an AP) gave me
at least the same range and handled (in my opninion) the packets faster. But
maybe you should just order such a card,pigtail and antenna (not that
expensive) and experiment with it yourself.

Kind regards,
Yves