[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Switching to alix2c3 from wrap.1e
 Date:  Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:52:09 -0500
lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to switch from wrap.1e to alix2c3.  The 1.3b9 beta should run on the alix board.  But
how do I migrate my configuration?
> I would like to put the FW on the CF card, do the initial setup and after that I would like to
upload my old warp config file.  After that the new alix should look exactly like the old wrap.  Am
I dreaming or is that the way to migrate from old to new hardware?

> Thanks for your help!
> -lutzn

In the beta versions, http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php, as of v1.3b5
(11/23/2007), Manuel writes:

"sisX interface names are now automatically changed to vrX when running
on ALIX"

So there should be no changes necessary for you to go from WRAP to ALIX. :)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC