[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Rae" <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPPOE hide password
 Date:  Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:22:28 -0000
Just a thought...

But i would say this would give people a false sense of security. The password is stored in clear
text in the config file, so there is no point in obscuring it in the GUI. If someone has access to
the GUI then they can get the password from the config file.

Regards,

Paul Rae
Business Development Director

Impact Training Solutions
Geddes House
Kirkton North
Livingston
West Lothian, EH54 6GU

Mobile : 07769 654302
Email  : paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk