[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kris <kris dot clarke at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridged upstream shaping only working on OPT1 inbound
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:59:50 +0000
Hello. This post is more of an FYI to those who might search for a
similar query/problem, but there is a question at the end.

I'm using v1.233 on a Lex Light minipc on a 32MB CF with 3x built-in
RTL8100B interfaces (rl driver), with OPT1+WAN running in bridged mode
for my 'net connection.

Lowering the bandwidth value of the "m_Total Download" pipe yields a
very well-regulated lower speed on my transfer rate graphs.

However, lowing the bandwidth value of the "m_Total Upload" pipe only
only works when my rules apply to the OPT1 interface in the "in"
direction. Is this correct by design, or should it also work with the
default rules which specify the WAN interface in the "out" direction?
Should the shaping wizard be changed to reflect this, or am I
misunderstanding how FreeBSD/m0n0 shaping works, or something else
(i.e. maybe I am completely clueless)?

Thanks.
-Kris