[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kris <kris dot clarke at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bridged upstream shaping only working on OPT1 inbound
 Date:  Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:29:26 +0000
I've just read a few posts from a while ago that the shaper only looks
at a packet once, in the case of outbound that would be OPT1.

It would be useful if the shaper wizard mentioned this aspect in big
bold letters, i.e. if(count($interfaces) > 2 || $filteringBridge ==
true) { print "<b>Please note</b>: if in bridged mode, you will have
to manually change rules for outgoing trafic to specify the internal
bridged interface and the "out" direction." }

I've never edited m0n0 source before, but I can have a go at adding
something like this if others are busy.