[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic shaping : RDP
 Date:  Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:38:41 +0100
How should I add a minimum bandwidth for example on RDP ?
Since I make an outgoing connection on 3389, and the return is random, I
(think) I cannot make a rule for shaping 3389, since the port is
completely different in return ??

Can someone help me a bit on the right track here, on how to (for let's
say) guarantee 64kbit for RDP session.

I have multiple computers accessing a remote server, and I want to avoid
that my kids are downloading via limewire or whatever program they
try... that my RDP sessions would slow down...
Today I work on a RDP connection, and as soon as both kids start
limewiring, the RDP really slows down... annoying ! :)

I could limit the speed of P2P, but I actually want to guarantee RDP
instead of limiting others.

Thanks in advance