[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tet Yoon Lee <leety at ihug dot co dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Emule Low ID and KAD firewalled with 1.3b9
 Date:  Sun, 03 Feb 2008 19:49:35 +1300
At 03:13 a.m. 3/02/2008, you wrote:
>Hi.
>I've been using m0n0wall for a couple of years and I'm very happy with this strong no-cost
firewall.
>I've a little LAN with m0n0wall and 2 other pc and I'm a usual Emule user.
>The firewall is properly configured with forwarded ports and so on. I never had low id or kad
firewalled.
>I've used version 1.3b4 for a long time (it was released on August 2007) and I wanted to try
version 1.3b9.
>Well, since I booted up my firewall with the new version I always have low id and kad firewalled.
No configuration setting has been changed and the config file in the floppy disk is always the same.
Then I tried to boot up again with the old version (1.3b4) and I have high id and kad connected (not
firewalled).
>I think there must be something with the new beta version that doen't permit my emule to connect
correctly, maybe a bug, a fix to be done or something I should select, activate, I don't know.

>So, how can I have my hi id and kad not firewalled with the version 1.3b9??

I noticed this with aMule (very similar to eMule) and version 1.3b6 IIRC. I went back to 1.3b4 which
fixed the problem. I was planning to test it more extensively to confirm my findings but never got
around to it. But you're experience is the same as mine with the same settings, ports forwarded
properly, allowed through firewall etc. Kad is firewalled which suggests to me either the packets
are being blocked when they shouldn't be or mangled by the firewall. BTW kad uses UDP.

Cheers