[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Emule Low ID and KAD firewalled with 1.3b9
 Date:  Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:44 -0500
On Feb 3, 2008 12:14 PM, Michele <myksto at libero dot it> wrote:

> Great, it works!
> I don't excatly know what that rule does but the true question is: why
> do I need to creat a rule in the outbound nat for this version of
> M0n0wall when I never needed any in the previous versions (at least till
> 1.3b4)?

It's not likely that's really the case. If disabling the source port
rewriting fixes a problem, the problem would exist with every m0n0wall
version ever released. The reason it's a problem is some applications
break when you rewrite the source port, which m0n0wall has always done
by default.

This page explains what it does and why (works largely the same in
m0n0wall). http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Static_Port

-Chris