[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michele <myksto at libero dot it>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Emule Low ID and KAD firewalled with 1.3b9
 Date:  Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:07:46 +0100
Chris Buechler ha scritto:
> It's not likely that's really the case. If disabling the source port
> rewriting fixes a problem, the problem would exist with every m0n0wall
> version ever released. The reason it's a problem is some applications
> break when you rewrite the source port, which m0n0wall has always done
> by default.
>
> This page explains what it does and why (works largely the same in
> m0n0wall). http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Static_Port

Hi and thanks for reply.
It may be the reason on a principle line but, and I repeat, I never had
that sort of problem before.
I've been using m0n0wall for some years (used the 1.2x versions too) and
never had to activate the outbound nat and set a rule to block port
remapping tu use emule normally.
You can tell me it was a bug of the earlier versions, or it's a bug of
the newer ones but you can't tell me that the problem exists with every
m0n0wall version. I always used emule and kad connection have never been
firewalled till I start using version 1.3b9.
BTW other users says they start having the same problem since version
1.3b6 but NOT before.

Cheers.